Get ready for the ride of your life.
Your wedding marks the beginning of a wonderful shared journey. Ahead of you are your dreams for a home, a family and a long, healthy life together. No one gets a roadmap for this trip. To make your dreams a reality, you have to be prepared --not only by making the right decisions now, but by being ready for the challenges that meet you along the way. Enjoy the ride!
Now that there’s two of you…
You may have some basic questions like:
- How should you be filing your taxes?
- Should you have separate or joint bank accounts?
- Do you need a will?
- Whose health insurance policy should you keep?
- What kind of life insurance do you need?
- How much can you spend on a home?
Building your financial future
Now’s the time to lay the foundation for a successful financial future. This means protecting against any unforeseen pitfalls that you may encounter over the years, and investing to reach your long-term goals.
- Start saving 15% of your income toward your retirement.
- Life insurance and disability insurance are designed to give you and your spouse protection from unexpected adversity. Life insurance provides income replacement in the event you or your spouse dies, while disability insurance can help keep your finances on track if one of you becomes sick or injured and can no longer work.
- Opening an IRA — whether as a supplement to your employer-sponsored plan or as the core of your retirement savings — is a very smart way to help ensure that you and your spouse enjoy a comfortable retirement when the time comes.
We can help you make the right decisions for your future together.